Research Applications and Managing Your Research Program
Approvals for Grant Applications and Contracts
- Grants and Contracts Approvals Process information
- Science Sponsored Project Checklist (pdf fillable form)
- Instructions for completing your Sponsored Project Checklist (MILO) form (updated instructions coming soon)
Faculty of Science Research Information
McMaster Research-Related Policies and Information
- McMaster University Strategic Research Plan, Research for a Brighter World
- McMaster Policy on Research Ethics
- Research Integrity Policy (supersedes Misconduct in Research for Faculty, Staff and Post-Doctoral Fellows, Procedures for Inquiries and Hearings Regarding Allegations policy)
- McMaster Research Accounts Policy
- University Indirect (Overhead) Costs Rates
- McMaster's Strategic Procurement (Purchasing) Policy
Research Suppport and Related Offices on Campus
Which central research office can help me? Information on McMaster research offices and their responsibilities can be found here. If you know the office you need, follow a link below:
- ROADS: Research Office for Administration, Development and Support (Research Services)
- McMaster Research Finance. For information on which Research Accountants work with which Departments, consult the Research Finance Contact Us page.
- Health Research Services
- Health Research Finance
- McMaster Research Ethics Board (oversees research involving humans)
- McMaster's Animal Research Ethics Board (AREB)
- Biosafety @ McMaster
- Health Physics Department
- For information on and help with computer and data processing infrastructure, consult the McMaster Research & High Performance Computing Support office.
McMaster Resources for Finding Research Funding
The Research Office for Administration, Development and Support (ROADS) publishes the ROADS Funding Opportunities Bulletin.
Contact Susan Gordon, Research Information Specialist, ext. 23138, to subscribe.
Back issues are available here.
The Faculty of Health Sciences publishes a funding opportunities bulletin researchers working in areas of health-related research. To subscribe to the HRS Funding Opportunities Bulletin, contact Muriel Gervais, Research Information Specialist.
Community of Science: Search the world's most comprehensive funding resource, containing more than 25,000 records worth over $33 billion, through McMaster's subscription to the Community of Science database.