Campus Engagement Opportunities
Interested in connecting with students or student groups on campus, sharing your expertise, coming on campus to recruit, or highlighting your company to our students? There are many ways employers and alumni can engage with current students.
Some opportunities include:
- Recruiting students for part time or summer employment
- Hiring a new graduate
- Hiring a co-op or internship student
- Supervising a short term (unpaid) applied placement for academic credit
- Participating in a career fair
- Hosting a company information session on campus
- Sharing your knowledge at career workshops, conferences and/or industry nights
- Participating in mock interview or resume critique sessions
- Sponsoring an on-campus activity or student conference
- Hiring a student ambassador to represent your company on campus
Company Information Sessions tend to be busiest September-October, or January-February. If you are interested in booking space on campus for your session please contact us early. For smaller sessions we may be able to book classroom space for you, pending availability. For larger venues with catering a separate fee will apply. Company Information Sessions typically run from 5:30-7:30pm, Monday-Thursday.
McMaster University hosts an annual on-campus Career Fair every September, and a second Career Fair every February in downtown Hamilton, in partnership with Mohawk College, Redeemer University, and Workforce Planning Hamilton. For information on how to participate please contact our central Student Success Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about how you can get involved, please contact email@example.com.