New Wage Subsidy Available for Student Co-ops
Faculty members and staff who provide co-op work terms can now apply for a new student wage subsidy of $7,500. The subsidy is available to faculty and staff who hired Science co-op students during the fall term or plan to hire during the winter semester.
To access the 75 percent subsidy:
- If you hired a Fall 2020 co-op student or wish to employ a winter co-op student, please notify SCCE at email@example.com that you wish to apply for the subsidy.
- SCCE will submit the funding application on behalf of faculty and staff and work through the process together.
- SCCE will support your co-op student through the funding application.
- You and your student will complete a work-term evaluation for ICTC.
- You pay your student as usual. We will submit the paperwork to secure the wage subsidy at the end of the work-term and will ensure you receive the wage subsidy at the end of the work-term.
- Faculty and staff may apply for funding to hire multiple students. However, each student position may be funded by only one Student Work Placement Program.
- Students must be enrolled full-time and must be Canadian, Permanent Resident or have Refugee Status to be eligible.
- ICTC has waived their ‘net new’* requirement to March 31, 2021.
- Find out more about ICTC and the WIL Digital program here.
- Contact Science Career & Cooperative Education to find out more about the subsidy.